Puget Sound Community School | Nonprofit Fundraising Lead
If you are you excited by the idea of progressive education, collaborative leadership, and community-centric fundraising practices, we hope to connect!
Founded in 1994, Puget Sound Community School (PSCS) is a small, independent middle and high school located in the Chinatown-International District of downtown Seattle. PSCS is committed to co-creating a brave space for community-centered education, critical curriculum, student choice, accountability, and thoughtful collaboration.
Supervised by the Director of Community Engagement & Admissions, the Part Time Non-profit Fundraising Lead will work semi-autonomously to build upon (and innovate) and implement a fundraising schedule and small projects that support the vision and philosophy of PSCS. When requested, and as scheduling permits, this position is flexible to participate in programs and activities not directly specified below. Build on fundraising practices already in place and design new opportunities where appropriate.
- Implement and manage fundraising projects that engage our community and help us meet and exceed our budgeted $100,000+ goal.
- Utilize best practices related to donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Update our donor management system and keep thorough constituent records.
- Record and acknowledge donations as they come in.
- Build relationships leading to major donors.
- Create social media campaigns in support of fundraising projects.
- Advise and engage fundraising opportunities for scheduled school events.
- Some experience fundraising for schools and/or non-profit organizations.
- Experience with Donor Perfect or equivalent donor management system.
- Experience working with middle/high school students.
- Exemplary written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent executive functioning.
- Strong collaborative planning skills.
- Understanding of one’s own position with regard to race, gender, patriarchy, power hierarchies, etc.
Schedule and Compensation
Part time, contractor position. Flexible 10 hours/week. Compensation is $1,667/month.
Puget Sound Community School invites the participation and employment of all people, welcoming students, teachers, families, and volunteers of any racial, national, religious, or ethnic origin, from all backgrounds, belief systems, orientations, and expressions.