It is our wish that families not be stopped from pursuing admission at PSCS due to lack of funds.
The PSCS tuition aid application deadline (for prospective & returning families) is February 6, 2020.
Puget Sound Community School is committed to offering significant funding for tuition and program aid to families that qualify. Our Tuition Aid Committee, convened by the Head of School, allocates aid awards based on objective and subjective data (see below). In support of the school’s equity goals, the committee also considers criteria pertinent to the school community, such as: race, gender, economics, family fit, and demonstration of the school’s Core Commitments.
To apply for aid each family:
- must submit financial information to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service, which securely collects financial info and gives PSCS objective data for making award decisions.
- Optional—submit a letter to our Tuition Aid Committee, outlining more subjective information.
We believe that objective data may not best represent a family's full economic situation. We encourage those applying for aid to send a letter to the PSCS Tuition Aid Committee, outlining debts, expenses, spending priorities, and any extenuating circumstances not taken into consideration by FACTS. This letter should also include any other information an applying family deems relevant.
In addition to need considerations, the Tuition Aid Committee takes into account:
- timeliness of applications
- tuition obligations for additional dependents
- all sources of income
- Tuition aid does not automatically renew. Families must reapply each year.
- Tuition deposits will be refunded for families who are offered aid and subsequently decide the amount is not sufficient to enroll their children.
- In cases where parents/guardians are divorced, incomes from all parents and new partners are combined.
If you are considering applying for tuition aid and have questions regarding the process please email the Head of School or call 206.324.4350.