Puget Sound Community School (PSCS), an innovative, state-approved independent middle & high school in Seattle, has two (2) open adjunct teaching staff positions for the 2017-18 school year.
- Part-time, 10 hours per week, August 22, 2017 through June 21, 2018, excluding holidays and certain special weeks of school.
- Salary set at $25/hour.
One person hired will:
- Have experience teaching, or be able to demonstrate capability to teach, science-based classes and activities to middle and high school students.
One person hired will:
- Have experience working with, or be able to demonstrate a strong desire to work with, middle school students.
Both people hired will:
- Participate in activities that promote an understanding of the mission statement, philosophy, and core values of PSCS.
- Demonstrate strength of character and personality, as well as deep passions and a willingness to experience whatever life offers.
- Be eager to work collaboratively with others to create a healthy, vibrant learning community built on consensus and communication.
Possessing some of the following characteristics, skills or experiences is also a plus:
- Be familiar with a student-centered approach to education.
- Have experience presenting, or be able to demonstrate a strong potential to present, social justice topics to middle and high school students.
- An art, music, drama, dance, and/or outdoor background.
About Puget Sound Community School:
- Founded in 1994 on the belief that people are compelled to learn intrinsically and will eagerly explore their interests when provided a positive environment and support in their self-selected pursuits.
- A compassionate staff of talented and compelling people work together as a team to provide a nurturing, respectful and vibrant school environment for approximately 50 students in a multi-age setting.
- Engaging the community, acting with courage, practicing integrity, honoring your creativity and otherwise living as a responsible citizen are among the most valued tenets of a PSCS education.
- Functioning in a truly diverse community is a vital 21st-century skill and we are building our community accordingly.
- We hold those involved with PSCS to very high standards of behavior and demand that everyone strive to establish relationships based on mutual trust, integrity, support, and understanding.
- Explore our website & http://tinyurl.com/kindness-school.
- Meet the staff.